1. Gen Y’s undying nostalgia and sorrow over the the loss of Surge.
2. The concept of the Spice Girls’ Girl Power being a form of feminism.
3. Hanson. Gen Xers: Ask not, What is an MMMbop? for one does not question the MMMbop.
4. Coachella. And where all the flower crowns came from.
6. Pogs. Although to be fair.most millennials didn’t really understand how to correctly play this game, anyhow.
7. Saved by the Bell. In the words of my Gen X sister: That just seems terrible to me.
9. Being completely transparent about your life and identity on social media, especially online dating sites like OkCupid.
11. How David Bowie in Labyrinth was responsible for the sexual awakening of so many millennial girls.
I know. It doesn’t really make sense to us, either.
12. Hot Topic. To Gen X, this is the store where Satan shops.
14. Justin Bobby and other MTV reality show characters who were famous for no apparent reason at all.
People. Justin Bobby is hilarious.
15. A/S/L. This joke/reference often falls flat with the Gen X crowd.
It stands for age/sex/location. Got it? So, like, YOLO, mmmkay?
16. Blink-182. I mean. I get that this wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but some people were way into this. Some still are.
18. TRL. So you just kind of watch the same videos over and over each day? Well, yeah, kinda. But that’s not the point.
19. How so many Gen Yers consider The Price Is Right to be a staple of American childhood.
20. Hocus Pocus. Just FYI, this is a really good movie and that song Sarah Jessica Parker sings was the jam in 1993.
22. And finally, one thing Gen Xers just don’t getis why Gen Y is so obsessed with the ’90s.
To which we replytalk to the hand.
The post 22 Things Gen Yers Love That Gen Xers Just Don’t Get appeared first on Dating Guide To Everything.